The information needs of the Homoeopathic medical system starts by the college library. The informative needs of the faculty members, research scholars ,interns and students is met by the library .College Library was established by the founder of our college, Dr.SK Padiar in 1920 Our Library is having a space of 2500 square feet with a seating capacity of 50.
Dr. Boby T.I
WORKING TIME : Library remains open 8.30 am to 5 pm on all working days
RULES & REGULATIONS
1.The College Library is divided into the following sections.
The Reference and General libraries are under the charge of a Librarian.The Department libraries are under the control of the respective Heads of Department. .
2. Every Student will be issued a Library Card for lending of Books.
3. Duplicate Library Card will be issued on remitting Rs. 20/- to the Library.
4. Students are allowed to keep the borrowed books only for a period of 14 days. If the due date falls on holiday the books must be returned on the next working day. However, this period can be extended for another 7 days with prior permission. Fine will be collected at the following rates for keeping the book without permission beyond the stipulated period of 14 days; - .
i) For a Period up to first 14 days 1.00 Rs.. per day
ii) For Subsequent period 2 .00 Rs. per day
5. If any book is lost, or damaged or mutilated the borrower would be required to replace the book with fine or pay such compensation as may be fixed by the Principal.
6. The marking of books with ink or pencil, spoiling or damaging, underlining of passages, writing of remarks etc., on the leaves of book or on illustration, tearing of pages, pictures etc., are punishable and fine will be charged.
7. A Handling charge of Rs. 20/- should be remitted to the Library when a book is replaced or lost
8. Reservation facility for student will be extended for books on demand.
9. Periodicals, Reference Books and multi volume books will be issued .Only for reference and not intended to be taken out of the Reading Room.
10. Final Year Students are required to clear the dues to Library before the University Examinations.
11. Before leaving the counter borrowers shall examine the books taken by them and point out any mutilation or defect in any books to the Librarian and have these defects etc, noted in the book and initialled by him / her. Otherwise the borrowers will be held responsible for any damage or mutilations observed.
12. It shall be the duty of the Librarian and his/her staff to examine the books returned by the borrowers and take immediate action in all Cases of mutilation or damage.
13. The transfer or sub-lending of books is strictly prohibited.
For Teaching Staff:
1. Two Library Cards will be issued to each Teaching Staff of the College.
2. Periodicals and reference books will be issued to the Teachers only for reference.
3. If a book is lost, the borrower has to replace it with a new book or remit the cost of the book, (cost as decided by the College authority)
4. Handling Charge of Rs.20/- should be remitted to Library when a book is replaced or lost.
5. Borrowed books should be returned to the Library within the stipulated time.
Reference &Lending of library books
1 BOOK BANK SCHEME
Promoted by the Govt. It consist of 352 books in our library .Which are issued on long term basis to the members of the scheme
Internet service is available in the library.
3 .DEPARTMENT LIBRARY
Department libraries are under the control of 12 Department Heads.
As a part of the curriculum dissertations on various topics are available in the library
Present library collection consist of 7420 books 352 Book Bank Scheme, 556 bound journals(Archieve), Total - 8328 Books, Dissertations - 511.
Books related to Anatomy 327
Books related to Case Taking& Repertorisation 444
Books related to forensic medicine toxicology 108
General books 303
Books related to homoeopathic pharmacy 177
Books related to material medica 2415
Books related to organon of medicine 911
Books related to practice of obstetrics & gynaecology 403
Books related to practice of medicine 1367
Books related to pathology , microbiology and parasitology 239
Books related to community medicine 56
Books related to surgery 305
Books related to physiology& biochemistry 221
Demonstrative slide 30
College library having 24 journals , both subscribed and complementary
Sl no ; Name of the journals
1. Homoeopathy for all
2. Homoeo times
3. Indian journal of research in homoeopathy
4. Asian journal of homoeopathy
5. Homoeopathy community Journal
7. Health screen
8. National Homoeo Recorder
9. Homoeopathy Heritage
10. Vital Informer
11. National Journal of Homoeopathy
12. Homoeo Magic
13. Homoeo Miracle
14. Homoeopathy the friend of Health
15. All Indian Homoeopathy Journal
16. Medicina Futura Homoeopathica
1. Homoeo Buzz
2. New Life Era
3. CCH Bulletin
4. CCRH News Letter
5. Medical Info Series
6. Homoeo Fragment
8. Gems of Homoeopathy
ARCHIVES (Total - 556 Books)
The bounded journals of our college set up a section in the libraries to be known as archives .our library consist of journals published from 1871 onwards. Archives are very valuable to research scholars
3 The New indianexpress
4 The hindu
6 Kerala Koumudi